Monday, June 23, 2008

Mali's first birthday party!

We had a great party for Mali, full of yummy food, cake, family, and presents. He was feeling a lot better then he was two days before, on his birthday. I was so glad, because I wanted him to be able to enjoy his first birthday party. It was fun when the kids all encircled Mali when he opened his presents. He got a little annoyed and started screaming at the kids. We got him the basketball hoop, that everyone ended up loving. Pour Mali has to fight for his birthday present. I'm just glad that he likes it so much. He knew exactly what to do with it, right away he made two baskets. I made him a Care Bear cake, which he picked out himself. It took me hours to make it, and he destroyed it within a few minutes. He loved it. It was so cute, seeing him attack it. Aren't first birthdays fun! Thanks to our wonderful family for coming to celebrate the birth of our sweet little Mali, and for bringing yummy food and great presents.

9 comments:

Heidi Mecham said...

Such a fun party Heather. I loved how everything matched! :) Thanks for the yummy pizza too!

Jones Family Memories said...

I cant believe he is already a year old. Time goes by so fast. We really need to get together more. I feel like I only saw Mali a few times. He is so cute. The cake you made was awsome. Hope to talk to you soon.

Christine Peterson said...

Heather, that is a great cake! It is so cute. I love care bears. I can't believe our babies are one already!! Time sure flies.

Mrs Nancy said...

My Mali grandson is soooo cute, I sure love him! It is so fun to watch him growing up, he is doing a great job! It was so fun at the party and I loved your beautiful decorated cakes!

Adrianne & her Toddler said...

Mali was tearing the heart out of that cute bear! So cute! That cake looked soooo cute!

Natalie said...

Wish I was there! I love the cake!!!

RaQuelle Willey said...

Happy Birthday Mali! loved the cake, great job!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Mali! I'm glad he got feeling better. I think parents get just as excited for the birthday as the kids do. I have been planning Joslyns party for a couple months now!:)

Shelane said...

I was thinking about you the other day and realized i don't have an email for you to drop you a note. How are you surviving the squishy house? We miss you guys! write me a note so i know what you email is. living with boys at hotmail dot com