Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cakes, cakes, cakes, I'm so obsessed with cakes!

Ok, so my new favorite thing to do is make cakes. I watch those cake making shows on TV, and now I'm hooked. Its such a fun new art medium. I love it, but now I'm eating way too much cake, and I used to hate cake. My taste buds are always changing. So strange!

So this was my first attempt at using fondant. It is definatly not perfect, but I love how it turned out. And more importantly, my two year old son, absolutly loved it. He was so excited about the suckers.

Alexas birthday was coming up and I wanted to do a beautiful cake for her, with gumpaste flowers. So this was my practice cake, and I surprised Curtis with it, when he got home from work. It was delicious, thanks to my friends Danyette and Justine, who I got the recipes from. The flowers were so fun to make!

This one was Alexas birthday cake. I really liked how it turned out. She helped me design it. She wanted butterflies, so if you can tell, I added butterflies in with the sqwiggles. And I love the touch of ribbon. It made it all come together so beautifully, and it hid my ugly mistakes:)

We had a family birthday party for all the July and August birthdays. I had left over cake and fondant from Alexas cake, so Shanae and I decided to decorate a cake. Shanae did a wonderful job of covering the cake with fondant and doing the swirls, and she even helped me make the flowers. She was a natural!

I think my family is excited about my new passion. Cake for everyone!!

6 comments:

Janae said...

CUTE! You do such a good job! Love them all, it's too hard to pick a favorite.

Natalie said...

I don't believe it...you didn't make those cakes! They look to professional! :) well, it's actually not to surprising you can make beautiful cakes too, considering you can do all things artistic, and do them great!

Jones Family Memories said...

Heather,
THey look so good. You are so talented. Cant wait to see what you do next. Hey you should make one for our birthday dinner. cant wait to see you on Thursday. Also the pictures you took of my family are wonderful. Thank you so much. Danyette

Brittany Vorwaller said...

Ok we really need to get together for a flower making session! I love doing cakes too, but have been to afraid of the flowers.

Christine Peterson said...

Wow...you're amazing!!

scot vorwaller said...

I likie the cakies! They're not only fun to look at, but fun to think about eating. When are you going to invite me over for some.