Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I told you we were BIG David Archuleta Fans!

We were so excited when David Archuleta made it as one of the top three finalist, and came home to Murray, Utah. We spent the whole day in Salt Lake, trying to get the chance to meet him. We first went to Gateway Mall to see if we could meet him and get his autograph, but that was a joke. There were so many people there, it was crazy. I got a glimpse of him as he was driving away in his limo. It was really exciting though. The kids were so disappointed, because they missed seeing him there. Then we went to Murray High, were there was a big pep rally for him. That was really fun and exciting too. The kids were so excited to see him, but disappointed that they couldn't meet him. Alexa was so cute, she said, "Mommy, I want to go eat at David Archuletas house. When she saw David in the parade at the pep rally, she said, "Oh, David is so cute!"

At Gateway Mall, as David was driving away. You can see his little head in the distance. The limo drove right past me, but at the time, he was inside the limo.


I had the worst luck getting pictures of David. Either they were blurry, or I got the back of his head, or someone was in the way. Just my luck! This last one turned out pretty good. I used my telephoto lense to zoom in on him singing. We are so excited because David also made it to the finals, where he will compete with David Cook. Its going to be a great show, they both are great singers. But of coarse David Archuleta is the best, so everyone vote for him tomorrow.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

I love David! I love the pics you got. He is such a cute kid. I loved that he cried when he realized how much we all love him! I was so excited he made it to the finals. Believe you me, I will be voting tonight!!!!

Heidi Mecham said...

You guys are the cutest. I wish I could have gone with you guys. Oh well. I'm watching American Idol right now and David A. is kicking butt. He is soo good. David Cook is good to though. But my vote is for David A tonight.

Dancing Queen said...

To bad David A didn't win! :( but he will still be famous! :) and david cook is really good too and cute! lol