Thursday, November 27, 2008

I have so much to be thankful for.

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as I did. Thanks Mom and Penny for such wonderful food you both made for all of us. We were so blessed to be able to go to both families Thanksgiving dinners. Like Dasan said to me this morning. "Mom, I'm so excited it is Thanksgiving, and we get to have two feasts!"

As thanksgiving comes to a close, I can't help but think about all the many things I am thankful for.

I'm so thankful for...

*First of all, this wonderful holiday, to be with family and eat yummy food.

*The chance to watch my cute Dasi sing in his school Thanksgiving program.

*The opportunity that Heavenly Father has given me to be a mother to four of his beautiful children.

*A handsome husband that loves me and our children so much, and works so hard for us.

*Babies, and little arms that reach for me, to give me hugs.

*My sweet children's smiles, that brighten my days.

*The laughter that my silly little kids bring into our home.

*Their silly little faces, that we just want to kiss!

*My smart children that love to learn, and my boys for loving school, and giving me a break.

*Naps (my children's naps, not mine), so I can get things done. Don't they look so sweet and innocent when they are sleeping.

*Good music to listen to and sing along to. I am thankful that my children love to sing, so I can hear their sweet voices.

*Family road trips, so we can spend time together as a family and make lasting memories.

*My sweet family, and parents. They all are always there for me, and do so much for me.

*My heritage. I came from wonderful people, that have been great examples to me.

*Curtis' family. So full of love and support.

*Girls night outs, with my sisters and mom. Its so nice to get a break every once in a while. And I'm so thankful for a sweet husband that watches the kids for me, when I go.

*Great friends

*Make-up, so I can cover up my zits.

*Cameras, that make it possible to record all of these wonderful memories. And a wonderful new computer to edit all my pictures on. (Thanks Brian!)

*Good books to read, and scrapbooks to make.

*A very nice place to live, and a very nice kitchen to cook in.

*A car to take us everywhere we want to go. And lowered gas prices. Hurray!

*Cell phones to keep us in touch with all our loved ones. (Even though our little ones get a hold of them and call 911, twice!) And of coarse emailing and blogging! :)

*The knowledge that we will again see and be with our loved ones that have passed away.

*Temples, and that I can have my husband and family for eternity.

*The beauty that Heavenly Father and Jesus have given us everyday, even though we live in the dark and dreary world.

*Most importantly, Jesus and his gospel to help us make it through this life of trials, so we can live with him again in the Celestial kingdom.



And there's still many more things that I am thankful for, but I better stop and go to bed, because I'm so tired. Right now I am very thankful for beds and the chance to sleep.

8 comments:

Celeste said...

Beautiful pictures Heather! I need to write what I'm thankful for.

Heidi Mecham said...

I'm so emotional! Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures and the things that you are thankful for. Sometimes we take those things for granted. It's good to hear what other people are thankful for to help us realize that we too have so much to be thankful for. Beautifully put and very poetic, I really enjoyed your post.

RaQuelle Willey said...

Wow, I just loved this entry. All the pictures are breathtaking. I just loved it, makes me grateful for all those things. I Love your life.

Shelane said...

Mali is getting so big! Miss you. Send me your snail mail address when you get a chance, would you?

Mrs Nancy said...

What a wonderful way to show and tell your blessings! I love the pictures! I am thankful for you and your beautifully handsome family! Love ya!

Tina said...

Heather, well done! Love your list and how you added pictures to go along with it. This is such a great post!

Amber said...

Hi Heather!
those are some beautiful pictures! And such a cute family :)

Bentley Bunch said...

Very thoughtful and loved seeing all the pictures! Thanks for sharing.