Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Dasan!

It was Dasan's 9th birthday on January 7th. I cant believe my first baby is getting so big. What a joy to watch my handsome son grow up and become such a smart and good boy. I love you so much Dasan, I wish you a wonderful year being 9.

Dase got to light his own candles. It took awhile, and he almost burnt his fingers, but he was so cute, looking so grown up.

Dasan got a wonderful gift from his Grandpa Walker. He talked to him about how important it is for him to learn about his culture and where he comes from. Not only on his dads side but also on his moms side. And how important it is for him to stay active in the church and prepare for a mission like his daddy. Then he sang Dasan a song that he had written. It was a wonderful moment. The kids all were very quiet and listened intently to their grandpa.

Dasans uncles came the next day with birthday cards in hand, that they had made for Dasan. Tyler also made an awesome work of art for Dasan.

5 comments:

Heidi Mecham said...

That's a neat present from Grandpa Walker. I even got teary eyed reading about it. I ALWAYS enjoy hearing both Curtis SR. and Curtis Jr. talk. I can't believe little Dasie is getting so old. He looks so handsome.

Christine Peterson said...

Nine years old!! Wow! He is so big! Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one. Heather, you really do have beautiful children!!

Mrs Nancy said...

I can't believe that my oldest grandchild is 9 yrs old! He is growing up so much and acting so responsible I am so proud of him! I love what his grandpa Walker did for his birthday, what a treasure!

Natalie said...

See, I still make comments! haha! Dasan is such a handsome boy and he is growing so fast!

McKenna said...

Happy Birthday Dasan! Tag! (I tagged you on my blog)