Friday, June 8, 2012

Basketball and Dance


The kids have been active in sports and dance. Dasan and Damian did amazing in basketball again. Curtis got to coach Damians team. He really loved doing it and the players and their parents loved him. Both teams didn't win that much, but both of my boys were great players- the best of their teams, and I'm not just saying that because I'm the mom. Curtis has done a great job of teaching them the game and how to find joy in it. My boys really have a passion for it.





                     Bentley Family Dance Recital

We had another Bentley family dance recital in November 2011. They are always so much fun! I love my family. And I love my aunt Jane. She works so hard to teach all our kids and she makes up the cutest dances.

It was Alexas first time dancing in the older dance class. She did so good, I was so proud of her. I loved the happiness in her face as she danced. It was priceless!




 My mom, Nancy, taught us the "Grecian Urn" dance. It was a fun, spoof dance. It was great being able to dance silly and not worry about looking perfect.




 Christine taught us this awesome drill dance, "Uprising". We danced in honor of our cousin, Rebecca Richardson that was killed in a car accident a couple of years ago. Her mom, Cheryl and sister, Lisa danced with us. It was so much fun!




 My older boys got to do a rhythm dance taught by Christine. They were awesome!



 Oh and my Mali is so dang cute when he dances. Jane had them do a cowboy missionary dance and it was the most adorable thing ever to see all the handsome little boys dancing.



 I missed getting a shot of this step in the dance, so I made him do it in the hall, cause it was my favorite part.


Christine and Alayna did a dance to honor our cousin Vanessa Bentley, who passed away in a car accident while on her mission in New York, in August of 2011. The dance was so beautiful. And the music was wonderful, sung by Vanessa's brother, Brian. It was very touching, everyone in the audience was crying.

 Heidi and I got to teach a finale dance to the "High School Musical" song, "We're all in this together". It was a perfect ending to our great Bentley Family Dance Recital. Did I mention that I love my family!


 I'm so happy that Curtis Sr, and Penny could come see us perform. I love this picture of Via with her Grandpa. We didn't know that in just two short months, we wouldn't have Curtis Sr. here with us anymore. I'm so glad that we had many great memories with him.


 I love this shot of Via with her Grandpa and Grandma Bentley.


 I sure love all of these girls in my life! They are my best friends!

 
I'm so happy that my kids are finding things that they love to do, I feel that is so important for their self-esteem, it will help them  through out their lives.

No comments: