Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ten Year Wedding Anniversary

Curtis and I just had our 10 year wedding anniversary on December 18th. I cant believe that we have been married for 10 years. It feels like the time went so fast, but on the other hand it feels like I have known Curtis forever. I am so happy that I chose to marry Curtis. He is a wonderful man. He is so caring, loving, and humble. He always says he is sorry if he does something to make me sad. I appreciate it that so much. I love that we know how to work things out if we have a problem, even if its really hard at times. I feel that we can get through anything together, because we love each other and are willing to compromise. This year especially has been really hard and stressful in our marriage, but we have worked it out and are really happy right now. I still get butterflies when I look at him, because he is so handsome and sexy to me. He is so fun to be around, he makes me laugh all the time.

Curtis, thank you for asking me to marry you and for being patient with me. Thanks for talking with me and working things out, when we have problems. You are so good and handsome. Thanks for working so hard for me and our family. Thanks for being such a wonderful father. The kids love you so much. It feels so good to see how great you are with the kids. I love you so much, always and forever.

The sunset was so beautiful, when we were driving to Rodizio Grill for our 10th anniversary date. After that we went to a movie. It was so fun just being together and feeling young and carefree.

These are some pages I did for a book I made about Curtis and me.

Curtis and I met in a Dating and Courtship class at the Institute at Utah Valley State College in August of 1997. Curtis took the class only because his friend wanted him to take it with him. The first day of class we noticed each other. One day I walked into class and noticed that Curtis and his friend had left an empty seat between them. I knew it was for me. So I sat there. And that is the first time we talked. We introduced ourselves to each other. It is so fun to hear Curtis' side of the story now. He told me that him and his friend both liked me and Curtis said it was his idea to leave a seat for me in between them. His friend didn't think that I would know it was for me, but Curtis knew that I would know. Curtis was right. I feel that our spirits knew one another. We were just so drawn to each other. It took awhile for us to start dating. Curtis realized that I was still so young, and wasn't ready to settle down and date just one person, and Curtis was. So nine months later is when we started dating. We dated seriously for about 3 months and on my birthday, September 23, 1998, Curtis asked me to marry him. And three months later we were married in the Salt Lake Temple on a freezing cold day, on December 18, 1998. That day was wonderful. I still remember feeling like I was on cloud nine. I was really nervous about getting married, but I am so glad that I did. It is the best thing that I ever did.

6 comments:

Laura Jett said...

10 years?!? WOW! that's awesome! Congrats! That's a way cute & funny story about how you met too!! :D

Mrs Nancy said...

Congrats!!!!You 2 are such a beautiful couple! I love ya, and am glad you had a fun anniversary! I love the pictures! I love how you two met!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you two got married too! I love you both! Thanks for sharing.

Celeste said...

Happy Anniversary! You are the cutest couple! Marriage is anything but easy, but you both are so sweet and loving, I know you'll always be happy.

My 10th anniversary is in July. I forgot we got married only 7 months apart! Cool. And Cynthia's was 11 yrs, both of you on grandpas birthday. Cool, cool.

RaQuelle Willey said...

congrats! love the scrapbook pages! your so talented with all that, I want to copy each of those pages, love them.

Tina said...

Holy Crickey has it seriously been 10 years? Man where has the time gone? Well congrats to both of you! I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Very cute post!