Monday, December 14, 2009

Curtis is 35 now, wow!

Pour Curtis had a horrible start to his birthday, on Nov. 9th. I forgot to dry his work clothes when he asked me to, so he had to go to work in wet clothes, out in the cold morning air. Then when he got back from work, he had a pounding head ache. I made him take Tylenol so he could enjoy his birthday dinner at Chuck-A-Rama. The Tylenol did its job well and he was able to enjoy the rest of the day.

The kids helped me decorate our room for Curts Bday. They also made tons of cards for their daddy that they just adore.

We went to dinner at Chuck-A-Rama with Curtis and Penny. It was delicious, like always! Curt got a gift card to Outback Steakhouse from Curtis and Penny, $20 from my mom and $20 from me.
Later on in the month, we had a Bentley family dinner for the November birthdays. Along with Curtis, it was Braden, Coden and Alyssas birthdays too. I surprised Curtis and invited his family to the dinner. He was really happy to see them. Thanks Curtis, Penny, Marie and Kaylyn for coming.





It was so fun making this Native American drum cake. One of Curts favorite things to do is sing and drum with his family's drum group. I love how the fondant looked like stretched leather.
Adrianne made Alyssas cake, so she could have a fun girly cake. Adrianne did such an amazing job. It was her first time decorating with fondant, and she was an natural. She even made the fondant herself. Amazing! We had so much fun decorating together and I think its a start of a new tradition for us.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Fun times! Except the parts Curt wasn't feeling good. Both very nice cakes! And yummy too!

Celeste said...

All right, I think you need to be the Utah version of the Cake Boss! Seriously! You all are amazing. You need to take special orders and charge a ton! I love them all, but the blue one is so beautiful! Good job Heather!

Shana said...

very, VERY impressed!

Mrs Nancy said...

I love your drum cake!