Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Joy of Motherhood


I just wanted to write my thoughts about Elder Uchdorfs talk in womens conference. I really enjoyed his talk. He taught us that to find joy we need to serve and create. I have come to find out for myself that this is true. Being a mother I was able to be a part of the most miraculous of all creations. Helping create the bodies of Heavenly Fathers beautiful spirit children. That has brought so much joy into my life. More than I ever thought possible. Also being a mother gives us the opportunity to serve, being a mother is service. So many times I have felt that I don't do enough service, but I have come to realize that being a good mother is the best service I can do. Having children has inspired new passions in my life. I have realized my love of photography and scrapbooking because of my children. I truly have a passion for creation.

I love this quote from President Hinckley, which says, “Of all the joys of life, none other equals that of happy parenthood. Of all the responsibilities with which we struggle, none other is so serious. To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good result from such efforts becomes life’s most satisfying compensation.”

2 comments:

Mrs Nancy said...

I love this precious picture of you with your 4 beautiful children! I also love what you wrote about motherhood it is so true! Motherhood is the best kind of service! Very well said!

Heidi Mecham said...

Thanks fir sharing your thoughts. It;s so easy to forget how important being a mother really is. I love your pic! Beautiful family.