Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grandma Williams Funeral

Grandmas funeral was so beautiful, just like her. It was so nice to hear about her life and be reminded that she was such an amazing person, who lived a good long life, and raised wonderful children. It is so amazing to think that she was alive to see over 100 of her descendants. What a blessing it has been to me to have had her in my life. I will always love her and miss her and try to follow her wonderful example through out my life.

After the prayer, my mom and her sisters started singing hymns that Grandma had loved. So, many of us joined in. Even though we didn't know all the words, it was fun and we could picture Grandma smiling and enjoying every minute of it.

Dasan with Tristan

My cousin Sharese and me. She has always been like my big sister, helping me and giving me advise in so many aspects of life. I remember, she gave me my first bra. And she still gives me make-up, clothes, and shoes. She is so much fun and we have so many of the same interests. I look up to her so much and love her forever.

5 comments:

Heidi Mecham said...

Sweet Grandma. I already miss her so much! Thanks for sharing these pictures since I didn't get to be there.

Natalie said...

Grandma is so beautiful (even in death) and so sweet! Thats cute all the girls sang hymns, I'm sad I missed that part, but am glad I made it to everything else! Thanks for being willing to help us when the car broke down! p.s. you and Sharese are goregous!

RaQuelle Willey said...

looks like it was a beautiful funeral.
Love that your all smiling. she was an amazing lady!

Unknown said...

You did such a great job capturing the special love we had for grandma! What a wonderful tribute to her! It was such a wonderful celebration of her life, even though having her gone from my sight is so bitter sweet!

Unknown said...

my kids keep logging in and I forget, the Jacob comment was from me Mom, Nancy.:)