Monday, March 9, 2009

My Sweet Grandma

On March 6th, my sweet Grandma finished her journey here on earth and passed on into the Spirit world, where my Grandpa awaited her with open arms. I love to imagine what their reunion was like. It gives me so much comfort to think about how happy they are. Not only was my Grandpa there to welcome her into heaven, but also their children Lynn and Todd. What a wonderful moment! I'm so happy for her to also be with her Mother again, who died when Grandma was only 2.

I feel so blessed to have had my Grandma in my life. She was such a wonderful Grandma. She was so good at showing all of us love. She made me feel like I was her favorite, which I'm sure she did to every one of us. She did so much for me through out all of my life. One memory that I cherish is when ever I had a baby she let me come stay in her home for a few nights so I could just relax and enjoy my baby, and so she could enjoy my baby too. She loved my babies so much. When Dasan was a baby Grandma thought he was so cute, she said, "Oh he is just so damn cute." That made me laugh so hard. I had never heard Grandma swear before. Grandma and Grandpa were such a wonderful example of how a marriage should be. They loved each other so much and served each other for over 60 years. I love them and miss them so much. But I am so happy for them to be back in each others arms, never to be separated again.

Here are a few of the pictures from Grandpas funeral in July of 2008. Grandma had such a hard time. She missed him so much and couldn't wait to be with him again. It took 8 months. On Valentines day she had had a big stroke and so we went to see her, because we didn't know how long she had. She told me she was going to go be with Grandpa. She was so sad that she wasn't able to go see him that day.

What a spiritual week I had. I got to see the birth of my nephew Kendal and two days later I got to be there for my Grandmothers death. It really is a special experience, full of love and comfort. It really helps you realize that it is all part of Heavenly Fathers plan, and even though we have to deal with death, He loves us so much and wants us to be comforted and happy, and know that we will see our loved ones again.

7 comments:

Mrs Nancy said...

Heather I love this tribute to my Mom and Dad so much!!! This really means so much to me! I love all the pictures and I love your comments! It really was such a spiritual moment to be with my mom when she went from this life to the Spirit World!I was glad you and Curtis were there, and Mali too! I would love copies of these pictures and maybe even copies of the whole tribute, to show my family!!!

McKenna said...

She really was a special lady. I had the privilege of meeting her. How wonderful the knowledge that we have that allows us to fine joy even in death. I am so happy to hear the love that you have for your dear Grandma, I wish more young people appreciated their elders.

Jones Family Memories said...

Heather, I am sorry to hear of your grandmas passing. and excited to hear you have a new nephew. what a great experience it is to watch the birth of a child. I hope everything is going good with you and your family, I haven't talked to you or laura forever. Speaking of that My cellphone broke and so I lost all of my phone #'s. Can you call me with your cell # or email it to me? Once again I am very sorry to hear about your grandma at least you know she is happy with being reunited with her true love!!!!!!!!

Heidi Mecham said...

Heather, I really enjoyed reading those little stories about Grandma. It made me cry, I'm sure going to miss her. I'm so glad that she gets to be reunited with Grandpa again!

Thanks again for the yummy food you brought us!

Janae said...

Heather-
I noticed that you have asked a few photography questions. So awhile ago you asked how I processed some pictures of Paisley in a hat, when she was turning 4. I actually used one of Pioneer Womans actions on it. It was the bright and colorful (or it might be called vibrant). One thing with using her actions (or any) is that you want to make sure your white balance (WB) is correct or else your subjects skin color ends up looking really weird.

Then you asked what I used for the baby pictures of Leo. I had him directly in front of a window. I actually used the ceiling light in the room. I also had my external flash on. Only when I use it I tilt it backwards. So it is firing BEDHIND me. When I fire it straight up or pointed at the subject I tend to get harsh shawdows. When the baby's eyes are open it makes for some funky lighting in the eyes. If I am lazy I don't Photo shop them out, but if it is for a client I will photoshop them to look better.

I have tried very hard to just use natural light and no flash but find it difficult in my house and others houses to get enough light.

I wanted to tell you that I love your pictures of Kendall. The black and white conversion is perfect!

Christine Peterson said...

Wow, I didn't know your grandma passed away. I'm sorry for your loss. I know it is hard to loose someone you love so much. It is comforting knowing that she is with her sweetheart. I still miss my grandma and grandpa Snow when I think about them. Thinking about your grandparents reminds me of them since they lived so close and were friends.

Chiara said...

Heather I love your tribute to grandma and grandpa. You have done such a great job. Love you. Chiara