Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Family Dance Recital


Jane had all the little kids dress up like jungle animals and dance around, to the wonderful Tarzan music. It was so cute. I was so happy that Alexa and Malakai did it. They looked so adorable.


Thanks Curtis for taking all these wonderful pictures. I love you so much Curt!


Shanae taught me this awesome modern dance that she made up for her dance company. It was a real challenge for me, but I did it, even if I looked a little silly doing the leap. I hate leaps!






My awesome aunt Jane started a dance group with our family. We've had so much fun going to her house every Tuesday, dancing then eating and of coarse visiting.

Jane taught us two dances, then she let Christine teach us a dance and then I got to make up one and teach it.

It has been so much fun for me. I didn't think I would ever get into dancing again. Its been over ten years since I have performed a dance.

So last Saturday was our Dance recital. I had a blast. And I didn't mess up too bad. Actually, the one I messed up on the most was my own dance. Crazy!

So today we went to Janes and started learning a new dance from Christy (Sterzer) I cant remember her new last name.)

It is soooooo much fun.

I cant wait to learn it all and perform it. Thanks to Adrianne, who always takes me to dance and is so patient with me when I am late. Also, getting into dance again has helped me get active,
which resulted in me losing 15 lbs. Hurray!!! I feel so great!!! It makes me feel like I can accomplish anything if I set my mind to it and work hard.

Todd taped our performance, so I need to get it and learn how to post it. So check back in the near future, to see us dancing. Hopefully!!

10 comments:

Janae said...

How fun! You guys all look great! And losing 15 pounds, that is awesome!

Heidi Mecham said...

Great photo's Curtis! You did a great job at the Recital Heath, it was fun to see all your fun dances put together with the whole group. It was fun. Great scrap pages too.

Natalie said...

Wow, good pics. And I like the pages you put together! It was fun performing! thanks to you and Shanae I got to dance again too! You are such a great dancer and I loved your dance too!

T. Driaza said...

What an awesome family tradition! I can't believe you are related to all those people! You have a huge family! Your photos are adorable. I think I need to sign up for a dance class to shed some pounds! It's been forever though for me too! Way to Go!

Amber said...

Sounds like so much fun! Great job on losing 15 pounds. You look great!

Adrianne & her Toddler said...

I am hidden in almost all those photos. =) But that's a good thing. But I love the last group picture, way cute. And you look so cute in all them!!!

Christine Peterson said...

Love the pictures. Great job and the digital scrapbooking. You are amazing. It was so fun to see you last Saturday at the Mrs. Utah pageant. I had so much fun visiting with you and your family. Love you!!

Celeste said...

I wish I could have come! I love to watch you guys dance! Christine showed me your dance when I was at her house. It looked so good! What a fun way to exercise!

RaQuelle Willey said...

That looks so fun! Makes me want to get up and dance. And your scrapbook pages are very impressive!

Mrs Nancy said...

I loved watching you girls dance, I was a PROUD mama!